Bulgur Pork Burger With Mint Yogurt Sauce
Welcome to a mint-flavored pork-bulgur burger sandwich. Achieve that by making a refreshing yogurt sauce with mint and shredded cucumber and by topping the patty with fresh mint leaves. We also want to make it slightly hot so toss some paprika into the patty mixture.
Ingredients Needed for Bulgur Pork Burger With Mint Yogurt Sauce
3 ounces of bulgur
1 pound pork mince
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon dried mint
1 medium cucumber, shredded
4 ounces of arugula
1 large red onion, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
fresh mint leaves for garnishing
4 burger buns
How to Make Bulgur Pork Burger With Mint Yogurt Sauce
- Fill a pot halfway with water, salt it and bring to a boil. Add the bulgur and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the pork mince, paprika, oregano, and garlic cloves to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until even using a spatula.
- Shape patties from the mince mixture. We’ve got 4 of them. Press them gently between parchment paper sheets.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and grill them for 4 minutes on both sides, or until they’re browned.
- Add the yogurt, mint, and cucumber to a small bowl. Mix them together.
- Horizontally cut the buns in half. Optionally, you can brown them a little in buttered pan. Coat their lower halves with yogurt mixture, add arugula, 1 patty, some more yogurt sauce, red onion, and tomato slices. Garnish with mint leaves and top with the bun’s upper half.
- You can serve these mini-tower burgers skewered or pinned with a fork for more stability.