Ingredients Needed for Broccoli and Cauliflower Cream Soup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 shallots, quartered
3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
2 jalapenos, minced
1 broccoli head, broken into florets
1/2 cauliflower, broken into florets
2 celery stalks, chopped
4-6 cups vegetable stock
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 large potato, cubed
4 ounces baby spinach
1/2 cup heavy cream
almonds, crushed (for serving)
chili flakes (for serving)
lime zest (for serving)
How to Cook Broccoli and Cauliflower Cream Soup
- Heat the oil in a pot over low-medium heat and add the shallots and the garlic cloves. Cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the ginger and 1 jalapeno.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and celery. Stir them in and pour the stock over them. You want all the veggies to be submerged. Also, now you can add the remaining minced jalapeno.
- Finally, add the lime zest and potato, cover with the lid and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and cook for 1 more minute.
- Mash everything using a vertical blender.
- Season with salt, pour the whipping cream, and stir in.