Bread Pudding With Orange, Pistachio and Raisins
Pairing soft with crunchy is always an excellent idea. Do that with bread pudding and the result will be incredible and unexpected. The combination of slightly chewy raisins, crunchy pistachios, and juicy orange, all baked together, is definitely worth trying.
Ingredients Needed for Bread Pudding With Orange, Pistachio and Raisins
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon cardamom
2 teaspoons of orange zest
1 vanilla pod
1 ½ cups of sugar
12 crustless whole wheat bread slices
3 ounces of butter
2 ounces of raisin
2 ounces of pistachio, crumbled
3 oranges, wedged
⅔ cup orange jam
How to Make Bread Pudding With Orange, Pistachio and Raisins
- Add the milk, heavy cream, cardamom, and orange zest to a pot over low heat. Also, scrape some vanilla from the pod. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Set aside.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl. Beat them using a hand mixer.
- Strain the milk mixture into the egg bowl and set aside. Discard the resulting pulp.
- Spread the butter on the bread slices. Place 4 of them into a roomy baking dish and sprinkle with raisins and pistachios. Add orange wedges, too. Stack another 4 slices on top of them and repeat the topping.
- Add the remaining 4 slices and pour the egg mixture over them. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and pistachios. Bake for 40 minutes at 320⁰F/160⁰C.
- Remove from oven, let cool and coat with orange jam.