Calories: 688 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 30 g
- 93 g
Ingredients Needed for Bread Pudding With Orange, Pistachio and Raisins
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon cardamom
2 teaspoons of orange zest
1 vanilla pod
1 ½ cups of sugar
12 crustless whole wheat bread slices
3 ounces of butter
2 ounces of raisin
2 ounces of pistachio, crumbled
3 oranges, wedged
⅔ cup orange jam
How to Make Bread Pudding With Orange, Pistachio and Raisins
- Add the milk, heavy cream, cardamom, and orange zest to a pot over low heat. Also, scrape some vanilla from the pod. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Set aside.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl. Beat them using a hand mixer.
- Strain the milk mixture into the egg bowl and set aside. Discard the resulting pulp.
- Spread the butter on the bread slices. Place 4 of them into a roomy baking dish and sprinkle with raisins and pistachios. Add orange wedges, too. Stack another 4 slices on top of them and repeat the topping.
- Add the remaining 4 slices and pour the egg mixture over them. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and pistachios. Bake for 40 minutes at 320⁰F/160⁰C.
- Remove from oven, let cool and coat with orange jam.