Ingredients Needed for Bread and Tomato Soup With Croutons
6 slices of bread, diced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, minced
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
1.5 cups tomato sauce
8 cups vegetable stock (2 liters)
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
How to Cook Bread and Tomato Soup With Croutons
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and evenly spread the diced bread on it.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil, season with thyme, then bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over low heat, then add the onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir them in.
- Add the tomato sauce. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2/3 of your croutons and the vegetable stock. Stir.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, then serve with croutons.