2 pounds of pork belly
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red onions, quartered
2 apples, cored and wedged
4 garlic cloves
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup apple cider
- Cut the pork belly in half and score it. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and rub.
- Heat a pan over high heat, add the meat and fry it on both sides for 6 minutes.
- Add some of the red onions and apples to a baking dish. Season with thyme. Place the two pieces of seared pork belly on top.
- Add the remaining onion and apple wedges and the garlic. Pour the vegetable stock and apple cider, then season with more thyme.
- Cover with the lid and bake for 2 hours at 340⁰F/170⁰C.
- Serve the meat sliced and garnished with fresh tarragon.