Ingredients Needed for Braised Duck Legs With Red Cabbage and Carrot
2 duck legs (10-11 ounces each)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 cup white wine
4-5 rosemary sprigs
1 onion, minced
1 carrot, shredded
1 yellow chili, minced
½ red cabbage, shredded
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
How to Cook Braised Duck Legs With Red Cabbage and Carrot
- Score the duck legs, drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub them with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the coated duck legs. Fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer them to a baking pot and drizzle them with the drippings.
- Place a few rosemary sprigs on the meat, cover the pot with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC/360ºF.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over low-medium heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the carrot and chili. Cook and stir for 1 minute. You can drizzle a little more olive oil if feel like it.
- Add the cabbage, place rosemary sprigs into the pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, drizzle with lemon juice, and remove from heat.
- Serve the duck legs over a bed of sauteed red cabbage and carrot.