Ingredients Needed for Braised Beef Shanks With Mushroom Gravy
2 beef shanks
½ cup white wine
1 rosemary sprig
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 teaspoon butter
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
7 ounces mushrooms, sliced
How to Cook Braised Beef Shanks With Mushroom Gravy
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a grill pan over high heat and add the beef shanks.
- Salt them and fry them for 6-8 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer them to a baking dish, pour the wine over them and add the rosemary.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Heat the vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of butter in a pot over low-medium heat. Add the onion.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the garlic, fennel seeds, and mustard seeds.
- Stir in the mushrooms and season with salt.
- Gradually add the remaining butter and the flour and stir them in.
- Do the same with the heavy cream.
- Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes more, then add the braised beef, after you chopped it. Stir in and remove from heat.