Ingredients Needed for Braided Pork Tenderloin With Bacon and Peas
1 ½ pounds of pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
5 ounces of bacon, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon dried parsley
⅓ cup canned tomatoes, diced
¼ cup white wine
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup water
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Braided Pork Tenderloin With Bacon and Peas
- Place the pork tenderloin on your work surface. Starting from 1.5 – 2 inches from one end, cut it lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Season it on both sides with salt and pepper. Interweave the 3 strips, then fasten the loose end with a toothpick.
- Transfer the braided tenderloin to a roomy baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, then roast for 50 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook and stir until it starts looking translucent.
- Add the onion and dried parsley. Stir them in. Do the same for the canned tomatoes and wine.
- Add the frozen peas and water. Stir in, then cover with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the parsley, stir it in and remove from heat.