Ingredients Needed for Bourbon Prune Cake
8 ounces of prunes, pitted
½ cup bourbon
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
¾ cup flour
How to Cook Bourbon Prune Cake
- Add the prunes and Bourbon to a skillet over low heat. Stir. Cook until it starts to sizzle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook and stir until it melts.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar. Cook and occasionally stir for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the remaining brown sugar and butter to a bowl. Mix until even using a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, orange zest, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Season with salt and mix more until even.
- Keep mixing while gradually adding the milk, then the flour. Mix until even.
- Line a 7 x 2½ inch Springform pan with parchment paper. Add the cooked prunes, then the cake base mixture. Bake for 45 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.