5 egg whites
5 tablespoons of sugar
4 egg yolks
5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
9 tablespoons of flour
3 tablespoons of buttercream icing
- Add the egg whites in a large bowl. Mix them for a couple of minutes or until they become frothy.
- Add the sugar and continue to mix until you obtain stiff peaks.
- Add the egg yolks and vegetable oil and mix until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Start adding the flour, a tablespoon at a time and mix.
- Add parchment paper inside an oval baking dish and pour the mixture inside.
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- After the cake is cooled, spread the buttercream on top of it.
- Roll the marzipan until long and about finger-thick.
- Lay the marzipan over the cake, shaping it like a human brain.