Calories: 512 kCal / serving
- 99 g
- 17 g
- 4 g
Ingredients Needed for Black Sesame Braided Bread
3 cups of warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups of flour
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
How to Make Black Sesame Braided Bread
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Add the warm water in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and the active dry yeast, while stirring with a spatula.
- Pour the milk and crack two eggs in the bowl. Stir thoroughly until all of the ingredients combine.
- Add the flour and mix with a spatula. You should obtain a large, sticky chunk of dough. If the dough is too sticky, you can add a little bit more flour.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise for 40 minutes.
- Spread some flour on your working surface. Split the dough into 2 equal parts and spread them with a rolling pin.
- Grab each chunk and roll them in about 12 inches (30 cm) long, and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter strands.
- Braid the strands: grab each strand and pinch them together at the very top. Start to braid the two strands: take the one strand and move it to the middle, then take the other strand and move it to the middle.
- Continue to braid the strands until you finish. Carefully pinch the ends when finish.
- Join together the two ends to form a round braided bread.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the round braided bread.
- Crack the remaining egg and whisk it. Spread the whisked egg over the braid. Top it with black sesame seeds.
- Slide the bread into the oven for the next 15 minutes.