Ingredients Needed for Black Olive Focaccia
0.5 ounce fresh yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons of of warm water
1 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 ounce black olive, thinly sliced
How to Make Black Olive Focaccia
- Place the fresh yeast in a small bowl.
- Add sugar and pour the water over it. Mix with a fork to dissolve it.
- Pour the flour in your food processor. Add the baking powder and yeast.
- Set your mixer at high speed, and while your mixer is running, slowly pour the vegetable oil. If the mixture is too dry, you can add 2-3 tablespoons of warm water.
- Mix until the dough is sticky. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Dust some flour on your working surface and knead the dough for 1-2 minutes. Stretch it by gently pressing the edges with your fingers. Top it with the sliced olives.
- Place the pita on the bottom of a clay baker.
- Set the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Bake the pita for the next 40 minutes!