Ingredients Needed for Bell Pepper and Chorizo-Stuffed Mushrooms
4 portobello mushrooms
4 teaspoons of pizza sauce
4 teaspoons of low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 tablespoon green bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons of red bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons of yellow bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons of red onion, diced
2 ounces of chorizo (12 slices)
How to Cook Bell Pepper and Chorizo-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Scrape out some of the mushrooms pulp using a teaspoon. Don’t overdo it because we need some mushroom pulp, too.
- Coat them on both sides with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Poke holes on their backside using a toothpick.
- Transfer them to a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add pizza sauce to each mushroom. Continue with mozzarella, diced bell peppers, red onion, and chorizo.
- Season with Italian seasoning and bake again for 12 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.