Ingredients Needed for Beetroot Pancakes
10 ounces of beetroot, cubed and boiled
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
maple syrup for serving
powdered sugar for garnishing
How to Make Beetroot Pancakes
- Add the beetroot to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the milk and blend some more. Set aside.
- Add the egg, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Mix until even. Add the blended beetroot and mix some more.
- Season with salt, add the baking powder and flour, then mix more until even.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a pan over low heat. Add 1 ladle of beetroot batter and fry for 4 minutes on both sides. Continue until you’ve finished the batter. You should end up with 8-10 pancakes.
- Serve them with maple syrup, garnished with powdered sugar and, optionally, with berries.