Ingredients Needed for Beetroot and Leek Cream Soup
3 medium-sized beetroots
3 rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 medium-sized leek, thinly sliced
double cream (optional)
How to Make Beetroot and Leek Cream Soup
- Peel the beets and slice them into quarters. Add them in a baking dish.
- Season them with salt, pour a drizzle of olive oil, and add a few rosemary sprigs in between the beet quarters.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next hour at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and cumin seeds. Melt the butter and mix.
- Add the onion and cook it for 2 minutes. At the leek and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Blend the beetroot and mix it with 1 cup of water until smooth and creamy.
- Mix it with the cooked onion and leek mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk it until smooth and creamy.