Beet Pesto Linguine
Cooking pasta is not just about making them ‘al dente’ or not. It’s also about how you pair them or upgrade them. In this case, we prepared a delicious red pesto from baked beetroot mixed with heavy cream and flavored with dill and lemon juice. It ended up so yummy! Serve them with some cheese (crumbled or grated, that’s your call).
Ingredients Needed for Beet Pesto Linguine
12 ounces beetroot, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 ounces linguine pasta
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
How to Make Beet Pesto Linguine
- Add the cubed beet to a baking dish, season with salt, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Fill a pot halfway with water, salt it, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked beet, lemon juice, heavy cream, and dill to a blender. Puree them.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl, add the cooked linguine, and mix.