Ingredients Needed for Beer-Braised Pork Roll
14 ounces of pork neck
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 olive, sliced
1.75 ounces of butter
2 cups of dark beer
How to Cook Beer-Braised Pork Roll
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Cut the pork neck to make a larger and thinner piece of meat.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on it, then rub it with your fingers.
- Add the olives and the fresh herbs.
- Roll the pork neck starting from one edge.
- Use a piece of kitchen-safe string to tie the pork roll.
- How to tie the pork roll:
- Place the end of the string underneath the meat. Make a tight double knot. Make a loop around your left hand, fingers up. Now turn your hand, so your fingers face the meat. Let the loop fall onto the meat and remove your hand. There’s a loose knot where the twine crosses. Lift up the meat and pull the loop around it. Tighten the loop around the meat. Repeat this until you reach the end of the meat. At the end, make a double tight knot around the last loop and cut off the excess twine.
- Heat 1 vegetable oil in a skillet, then throw in 1-2 rosemary sprigs, to flavor the oil.
- Lay into the skillet the pork roll and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook the roll on all sides until it turns opaque white with some golden brown strips.
- Add the butter and melt it in the skillet, then coat the meat roll with butter and oil mixture, using a spoon.
- Transfer the pork roll to a glass bakeware.
- Pour the dark beer over it.
- Bake for 50 minutes. After about half the baking time, you can turn over the roll.
- Let the pork roll rest for about 10 to 20 minutes before slicing it.
- Enjoy with your favorite side!