Beer Braised Pork Ribs
Braised in beer and cooked with lots of spices, these ribs will undoubtedly be the talk of the table for tonight’s dinner. But what gives them their unique flavor? The savory spice blend. We’re talking garlic, coriander, star anise, and ginger. The ribs will be meltingly tender and you will definitely remember them.
Ingredients Needed for Beer Braised Pork Ribs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound pork ribs
2 small shallots
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 pods of star anise
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cloves
0.5 ounce of ginger, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tomato purée
1 cup beer
How to Make Beer Braised Pork Ribs
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork ribs and cook them until evenly browned. Set aside on a plate.
- Using the same skillet, cook the shallots until tender.
- Add the garlic, star anise pods, coriander, cloves, ginger, and tomato puree. Cook and stir for up to 1 minute.
- Add the ribs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beer and cook until it is boiling.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and slide it into the oven for the next 60 minutes at 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.