Ingredients Needed for Beer Braised Pork Ribs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound pork ribs
2 small shallots
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 pods of star anise
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cloves
0.5 ounce of ginger, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tomato purée
1 cup beer
How to Make Beer Braised Pork Ribs
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork ribs and cook them until evenly browned. Set aside on a plate.
- Using the same skillet, cook the shallots until tender.
- Add the garlic, star anise pods, coriander, cloves, ginger, and tomato puree. Cook and stir for up to 1 minute.
- Add the ribs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beer and cook until it is boiling.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and slide it into the oven for the next 60 minutes at 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.