Beer and Spinach Mac and Cheese
What can you bring new to a classic American dish? Add some beer to it! If you’re not sure about this combo, trust us when we say it’s totally worth it. You can also add some spinach and lots of different types of cheese. We recommend mozzarella, parmesan, and Cheddar.
Ingredients Needed for Beer and Spinach Mac and Cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk
¼ cup beer
2 garlic cloves, crushed
7 ounces of macaroni
4 ounces of frozen spinach
½ cup Cheddar, shredded
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Beer and Spinach Mac and Cheese
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and melt the butter in it.
- Pour the milk and the beer. Add the garlic clove and stir. Add the macaroni.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Remove the lid, add the spinach and give it a good stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and the shredded mozzarella. Stir and cook until smooth.
- Slide the skillet into the oven for 10 minutes.