Ingredients Needed for Beef Wellington With Ham
14 ounces of mushroom
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon butter
10 ounces of beef tenderloin
6 hams slices
½ puff pastry sheet
1 tablespoon english mustard
1 egg yolk
How to Cook Beef Wellington With Ham
- Add the mushrooms to your blender and season them with salt and pepper. Blend until finely chopped.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook them for about 10 minutes, while stirring often.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it.
Add the beef and season it with salt. Cook it for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Lay a sheet of plastic foil on your wooden board and arrange the ham slices on it, in slightly overlapping rows. Evenly spread the mushroom paste over the ham.
- Lay the beef tenderloin on the side closest to you. Start rolling from that side towards the opposite end. Press it, removing the excess air.
- Lay the puff pastry sheet on your wooden board and level it with a rolling pin. Evenly spread the English mustard over it.
Lay the roll in the middle of the pastry. Carefully wrap the beef with the pastry, fully covering it.
- Spread egg yolk over the pastry and superficially score it on top.
Place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook it into the oven for the next 35 minutes!