Ingredients Needed for Beef Tenderloin With Creamy Corn
1 pound beef tenderloin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic head
2 rosemary sprigs
2 tablespoons of butter
1 onion, chopped
1 cup sweet corn
½ cup milk
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Beef Tenderloin With Creamy Corn
- Take the meat out of the fridge and let it reach room temperature.
- Place it on your working surface and rub salt all over it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Slice the garlic head through the middle. Add the beef in the skillet and start cooking it. Add the rosemary sprigs, thyme, garlic (cut side down), and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Cook the beef according to your preferences. If you like your beef to be rare, cook it for 6-8 minutes per side. If you prefer it medium, cook it for 8-10 minutes per side. And last, if you prefer it well done, cook it for 11-13 minutes per side. Set it aside.
- For the sweet corn, heat another skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining butter melt it. Add the onion, sweet corn, and season with salt and pepper.
- Give it a good stir and add the milk. Cook until the sauce reduces.
- Place the corn in a tall glass container. Set up your immersion blender and blend everything until smooth.
- Thinly slice the meat, at about 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) thick slices. Serve the beef with the mashed corn.