Beef-Stuffed French Bread
Say you’re in the mood for a few small one-bite open sandwiches made with baguette slices. And you’re not afraid to do some basic cooking, that is. You can pan-fry beef sirloin, stuff it inside a half baguette, flavor everything with garlic, bake it, and THEN slice the bread. What about that? Are you in?
Ingredients Needed for Beef-Stuffed French Bread
8 ounces beef sirloin
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons butter
2 garlic cloves, smashed
¼ cup melted butter
1-2 teaspoons dill, minced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
How to Make Beef-Stuffed French Bread
- Drizzle the meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil in a pan over high heat and add the beef.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the butter and garlic cloves, lower the heat, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Cut off the half baguette’s end and scoop out the crumb.
- Stuff the baguette with the cooked meat and place it into a baking dish.
- Add the melted butter to a small bowl or a cup together with the dill and crushed garlic. Shortly mix them.
- Coat the stuffed baguette with some of this sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Serve sliced and topped with the garlic-butter sauce.