Ingredients Needed for Beef Stroganoff
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
7 ounces of mushrooms, thinly sliced
12 ounces of flank steak, large chunks
1 ½ cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon heavy cream
cooked penne (optional)
How to Cook Beef Stroganoff
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the chopped onion. Add the mushrooms and season with salt, pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and move them in a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil in the skillet along with the flank steak. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and pour the stock.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for the next 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, take out some liquid out of the skillet with a ladle and mix it with the flour in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture in the skillet along with the mushrooms. Drizzle the worchestershire.
- Mix until the sauce becomes smooth and thicken with heavy cream.
- Cook for 1-2 more minutes and serve with some cooked penne!