9 ounces sirloin steak, chopped
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fish oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
7 ounces noodles
1 teaspoon sugar
1 shallot, sliced
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
1 chili, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
lemon juice (or lime juice) for dressing
- Add the meat, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, the lemongrass, fish oil, and 2 crushed garlic cloves to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until even. Set aside to marinate.
- Add the noodles to a bowl, season with salt and cover with hot water. Let them soak for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the marinated meat.
- Cook and stir until browned and add the sugar.
- Stir and cook for 1 more minute, than transfer the meat to a bowl.
- Using the same pan and the caramelizing drippings, add the shallot and cook it until tender.
- Stir in the remaining garlic, the ginger, and chili.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, the water, and vinegar. Stir in.
- Add the basil, noodles, and meat. Mix until even and remove from heat.
- Serve dressed with lemon juice or lime juice.