Ingredients Needed for Beef Steak With Sweet Tahini Sauce
¼ cup sushi rice
1 teaspoon chili powder
3½ teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
8 ounces of beef tenderloin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon tahini sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
How to Cook Beef Steak With Sweet Tahini Sauce
- Add water in a saucepan on medium heat, add salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Add sushi rice and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, make a spice mixture using your mortar and pestle. Add the chili powder, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and both types of sesame seeds, and grind them with the pestle.
- Use this mixture to rub the beef tenderloin.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an oven-safe skillet and cook the meat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until it gets a nice brown crispy crust.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for the beef 12 minutes for a rare-steak. Roast it more for medium rare or well done (from 20 to 30 minutes).
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing it.
- Make the sauce: mix the tahini paste with lime juice, soy sauce, red wine vinegar and the remaining sugar.
- Slice the steak and serve it with a side of rice and tahini sauce.