Ingredients Needed for Beef Steak With Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves
0.5 ounce butter
5 rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
14 ounces of beef steak
1 tea spoon herb mix
¼ cup water
¼ cup white wine
1 teaspoon chili flakes
How to Cook Beef Steak With Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Slice the potatoes in 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- Fill a pan with water just over half way, enough to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 7-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
- When the potatoes are parboiled (there should be a cooked outer edge and a raw middle), dry them on a paper towel.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the potato slices on it and drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic cloves, butter, and rosemary sprigs (keep 1 sprig for later use) over the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes for the next 30 minutes. After they’re ready, reduce the heat to 360°F/180°C.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the beef and season it with salt, pepper, and herb mix.
- Cook it according to your preferences. Cook it on each side: 3 mins for rare, 4-5 mins for medium, 6-7 mins for well done.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the beef for the next 10 minutes to 360°F/180°C.
- Prepare the marinade. Mix the water with white wine in a small bowl. Add the chili flakes and fresh rosemary leaves. Pour the marinade over the potatoes. Roast them for 5 more minutes.
- Slice the steak and serve it with rosemary potatoes!