Ingredients Needed for Beef Sancocho
2 pounds of beef
4 celery sticks, chopped
3 onions, quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 mixed carrots, lengthwise halved
5 ounces of sweet potato, cubed
cooked sweet corn on the cob, sliced into 5-6 pieces
0.5 fennel bulb, cut into 2-3 pieces
How to Cook Beef Sancocho
- Add the beef, celery, and onion to a cooking pot over low heat and cover with water.
- Season with salt and peppercorns, add the olive oil, cover with the lid, then boil for 70 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cover with the lid and boil for 30 minutes more.
- Add the sweet potato, cover and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat, transferring it to the work surface and add the pieces of corn and fennel. Cover with the lid and boil for 15 minutes more.
- Thinly cut the meat, then cut it further into smaller pieces and salt it. Serve it with soup and cooked vegetables.