Ingredients Needed for Beef and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
For the ground beef:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
For the ricotta mixture:
5 ounces of ricotta
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Cooking the lasagna:
12 lasagna sheets
½ cup tomato sauce
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Beef and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
- For the ground beef:
Add the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook and stir it until tender.
- Add the ground beef, oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until brown or 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir a little more and remove from heat.
- For the ricotta mixture:
Add the ricotta and dried oregano to a smaller bowl and mix them using a teaspoon.
- Cooking the lasagna:
Fill a bigger cooking pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Add the lasagna sheets and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Cover each lasagna sheet with 1 teaspoon of ricotta mixture and 1 tablespoon of cooked ground beef. Roll each one.
- Place them into a small-sized baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, layer the tomato sauce on the lasagna rolls and top them with mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.