Beef and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
We bet you only use lasagna sheets to make lasagna. But how about we play with this ingredient a little? Let’s make lasagna rolls filled with ricotta cheese and ground beef. We cook the ground beef with onion, tomato, sauce, and olive oil. Then we mix it with ricotta and oregano. One final detail: bake the lasagna rolls twice. Trust us on this.
Ingredients Needed for Beef and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
For the ground beef:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
For the ricotta mixture:
5 ounces of ricotta
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Cooking the lasagna:
12 lasagna sheets
½ cup tomato sauce
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Make Beef and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
- For the ground beef:
Add the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook and stir it until tender.
- Add the ground beef, oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until brown or 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir a little more and remove from heat.
- For the ricotta mixture:
Add the ricotta and dried oregano to a smaller bowl and mix them using a teaspoon.
- Cooking the lasagna:
Fill a bigger cooking pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Add the lasagna sheets and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Cover each lasagna sheet with 1 teaspoon of ricotta mixture and 1 tablespoon of cooked ground beef. Roll each one.
- Place them into a small-sized baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, layer the tomato sauce on the lasagna rolls and top them with mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.