Ingredients Needed for Beef Pastry Roulade
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
14 ounces of beef chuck
1 pound pizza dough
2 ounces of sun-dried tomato
3 ounces of ham
2 ounces of emmental cheese
How to Cook Beef Pastry Roulade
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. When the oil starts sizzling, turn the heat to medium-high and add the beef chuck. Fry the meat 6-7 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Place one pizza dough on a parchment paper on the work surface. Cut 15 circular holes into the dough using a small shot glass. Discard the resulting dough mini-discs.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes over each hole in the dough. The tomato slices must be bigger than their corresponding holes.
- Cover this dough completely with the second one. Press to stick the margins of the two doughs together. Poke holes into the second dough using a fork.
- Place the slices of ham in the middle of the second dough, add the beef chuck over them, and top with the 4 Emmental slices. Carefully wrap the two doughs over the meat and cheese in the center. Try doing it so that the dried tomatoes keep their initial place.
- Transfer the beef wrap to a baking pan with the closing side downwards. Add the egg to a small bowl and whisk it. Coat the beef wrap with it using a brush. Bake for 30 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.