Ingredients Needed for Beef Pastry Ring
For the bacon-veggie mixture:
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, chopped
4 ounces of bacon, diced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 cup baby spinach
For the beef:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 pounds of beef tenderloin halved
For the ring:
2 puff pastrys sheet (8 ounces each)
3 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, sliced (6 slices)
1 egg, whisked
How to Cook Beef Pastry Ring
- For the bacon-veggie mixture:
Add the red bell pepper, onion, bacon, and oregano to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until even.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the veggie mixture. Cook and stir until the veggies start getting tender.
- Add the baby spinach. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- For the beef:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the beef.
- Season with salt. Cook the meat on all sides until browned, or for around 15 minutes.
- For the ring:
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place on it one puff pastry sheet.
- Add the veggie and bacon mixture. Form it into a ring. Add the two beef pieces on top. Try to follow the form of the ring. Cover the beef with the slices of mozzarella.
- Cover all with the second puff pastry sheet. Cut a hole through the upper sheet corresponding to the center of the ring using an upside down glass. Cut off the extra puff pastry using a pizza cutter. Try to follow the circular form of the ring. Press along the edge of the puff pastry ring using a fork.
- Coat the puff pastry ring with the whisked egg using a brush. Bake for 45 minutes at 385⁰F/195⁰C.