Calories: 648 kCal / serving
- 32 g
- 39 g
- 43 g
Ingredients Needed for Beef Lasagna Roll-Ups
For the ground beef mixture:
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
12 ounces of ground beef
½ cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup red wine
For the rolls:
6 cooked lasagna sheets
1 cup ricotta
1 cup low moisture mozzarella
½ cup flour
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup breadcrumbs
shredded parmesan (for serving)
How to Make Beef Lasagna Roll-Ups
- For the ground beef mixture:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat, add the onion, and fry until softened. Add the tomato paste and stir a little more.
- Add the ground beef and increase the heat to medium. Break it into smaller pieces using a wooden spatula. Stir gently and cook until it is all brown, or for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and sugar and stir more. Add the red wine, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-10 minutes more.
- Assemble of the rolls:
Place two partially superimposed lasagna sheets on the work surface. Add 2 tablespoons or so of ricotta and spread it on the lasagna sheets.
- Add some of the beef mixture and spread it on the sheet. Top with some mozzarella and roll. Do this for the other 2 pairs of lasagna sheets and freeze them for 2 hours.
- Slice the rolls into 1-1 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- For the egg wash:
Add the milk and eggs to a bowl and mix them.
- Add the flour and breadcrumbs to a bowl each. Coat the roll slices with flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat and deep-fry the roll slices until golden brown.
- Serve them with some dip and topped with grated parmesan.