Ingredients Needed for Beef Gyros
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon onion flakes
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup yogurt
1 red onion, diced
2 Greek pitas
3 ounces lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
1 chili, thinly sliced
How to Cook Beef Gyros
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the ground meat.
- Break it into smaller pieces and cook it until it starts browning while occasionally stirring.
- Season with garlic powder, oregano, onion flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 12 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, cucumber, and red onion to a smaller bowl. Mix until even.
- Spread some of the yogurt sauce on the pitas. Top with lettuce, ground beef, tomato slices, chili, and some more sauce.
- Serve them rolled and bound with a cord.