Ingredients Needed for Beef Chili in a Bread Bowl
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pound ground beef
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon red curry powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon chipotle powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 cup beef stock
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ cup sweet corn
4 bread rolls
spring onion (optional)
How to Make Beef Chili in a Bread Bowl
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and give it a good stir. Cook until the meat starts to brown.
- Add all of the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the beef stock and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and sweet corn. Give it a good stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Slice off the top of the bread roll and remove its crumb.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and toast the bread rolls for 1 minute.
- Fill the empty bread rolls using the ground beef mixture. You can further top them with yogurt, spring onion, and cheddar.