Ingredients Needed for Beef Broth
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 pounds of beef bone
1 pound beef shank
2 teaspoons butter
2 medium red onions, chopped
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
14 ounces of beef for stew
1 large celery, diced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon green peppercorns
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
How to Cook Beef Broth
- Fill a cooking pot with about 8 cups of water, salt it and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil, beef bone, and beef shank. Cover with the lid, turn the heat to low and boil for 2 hours.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Stir it in. Add the fennel seeds and cumin powder. Stir in. Add the ginger and tomato paste and do the same. Set aside.
- Strain the liquid from the cooking pot into another pot over low heat.
- Add the beef for stew, cover with the lid and boil for 40 minutes.
- Add the cooked onion mixture and stir it in. Add the diced celery and thyme, stir in and cover with the lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, season with salt and green peppercorns, then vigorously stir in. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the white wine vinegar, tarragon, and parsley. Stir in and simmer for another 10 minutes.