Ingredients Needed for Beef Borek
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
12 ounces of ground beef
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup egg wash
3 phyllo sheets
How to Make Beef Borek
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until well browned. Add parsley and season it with salt and pepper. Stir, and take it away from the heat.
- Make the egg wash. Here is how to do it.
- Brush a glass baking dish with egg wash. Add a phyllo sheet inside the baking dish, leaving half of it outside the dish.
- Brush the phyllo with egg wash. Add half of the ground beef and cover it with the remaining half of phyllo. Brush it with egg wash.
- Repeat the process using the second phyllo sheet. Cover the dish with the remaining phyllo sheet. Brush it with egg wash.
- Slide it into the oven and bake it for 25 minutes.