Ingredients Needed for Beef and Salami Lasagna Cake
For the beef mixture: 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pounds of ground beef
1 teaspoon dried oregano
⅔ cup tomato sauce
⅔ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated For the cake: 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
¾ cup frozen spinach, thawed
1 pound lasagna sheets
2 ounces of salami
⅔ cup béchamel sauce
⅓ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
How to Cook Beef and Salami Lasagna Cake
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and turn the heat to medium. Break it into smaller chunks and stir it in. Season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Cook and occasionally stir until it browns. Add the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add the grated mozzarella and stir it in. Remove from heat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the frozen spinach and stir it in.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) diameter springform pan with partially overlapping lasagna sheets. See to it that the outside end of each lasagna sheet along the pan’s edge overflows some 2 inches.
- Place 8 salami slices on the bottom of the lasagna-lined pan.
- Add the Bechamel sauce and mozzarella to a bowl and mix them. Layer 1/2 of this mixture over the salami. Add 2 – 3 lasagna sheets, layer the spinach, add another 3 sheets of lasagna, then layer the beef mixture.
- Add the remaining salami and turn over the overflowing ends of lasagna sheets to cover the filling. Place one final lasagna sheet on top to completely seal the filling. Bake for 20 minutes at 300⁰F/150⁰C.