Ingredients Needed for Beef and Potato Patties With Poached Egg
5 ounces of beef tenderloin
3 potatoes, medium size
2 teaspoons of mustard
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of yogurt
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
4 cups of water
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 burger buns s, halves/halved, toasted
How to Make Beef and Potato Patties With Poached Egg
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium cubes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the potatoes until soft. Strain the water and mash the potatoes. Put them in a medium bowl.
- Chop the beef tenderloin into small pieces. Add them in the same bowl with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the mustard and the breadcrumbs. Mix the ingredients in the bowl.
- Beat one egg with milk to make some egg wash.
- Shape 6 round balls from the potato and beef mixture. Coat all of them, one by one, with flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Flatten them with your hand, making them look like patties.
- Heat a large amount of vegetable oil in a deep skillet, on high heat.
- Deep fry the patties until golden-brown.
- When ready, lay them on a paper towel, to absorb the excess fat.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with tabasco sauce.
- Make poached eggs:
- Fill a saucepan with water and place it on the stove, on medium heat.
- Add a pinch of salt, pour the white wine vinegar and the olive oil, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Crack one egg in a separate ramekin or cup, and gently pour it in the saucepan.
- Use a spoon and create a gentle whirlpool that will help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
- Cook the egg for about 2 (really soft egg) to 4 (soft to firm consistency) minutes.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Do the same with the remaining 2 eggs.
- Serve 2 patties and one poached egg with one burger bun. Top with one tablespoon of yogurt and tabasco sauce, then garnish with fresh thyme.