Ingredients Needed for Beef and Mashed Potato Pie
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup tomato sauce
8 medium-sized potatoes, cooked
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon breadcrumbs
1 cup cheddar, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Beef and Mashed Potato Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ground beef and give it a good stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and pour some tomato sauce. Cook the beef for 15 minutes.
- Next, add the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and mash them.
- Pour the olive oil, heavy cream, breadcrumbs, cheddar, pepper, and parmesan. Mix until smooth and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add half of the mashed potato on the bottom of a baking dish, evenly spreading it.
- Next, add the ground beef mixture and the remaining mashed potato mixture shaped into 2 inches (5 cm) thick balls.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.