Beef and Mashed Potato Pie
Inspired by the classic shepherd’s pie, but with ground beef and double the mashed potatoes. So that should make things pretty interesting. Plus, we’ve also added Cheddar and parmesan, so you won’t miss any cheese in this recipe. It may take an hour and a half to make it, but you’ll enjoy it, no doubt about it.
Ingredients Needed for Beef and Mashed Potato Pie
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup tomato sauce
8 medium-sized potatoes, cooked
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon breadcrumbs
1 cup cheddar, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Beef and Mashed Potato Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ground beef and give it a good stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and pour some tomato sauce. Cook the beef for 15 minutes.
- Next, add the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and mash them.
- Pour the olive oil, heavy cream, breadcrumbs, cheddar, pepper, and parmesan. Mix until smooth and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add half of the mashed potato on the bottom of a baking dish, evenly spreading it.
- Next, add the ground beef mixture and the remaining mashed potato mixture shaped into 2 inches (5 cm) thick balls.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.