Ingredients Needed for Beef and Mashed Potato Layered Casserole
2 garlic cloves
2 celerys stalks
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of ground beef
1 teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup tomato sauce
6 potatoes, cooked
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
1 spring onion, sliced
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, cubed
6 cherry tomatoes, halves
How to Make Beef and Mashed Potato Layered Casserole
- Slice the garlic, celery, and chop the onion.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and start cooking them. Start with the onion, then add the celery, and, in the end, add the garlic.
- Add the ground beef and season it with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir, and cook everything for 2 more minutes.
- Place the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and mash them. Pour the milk, add butter, flour, and shredded parmesan. Season with salt, pepper, and add the spring onion. Mix it with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place 3/4 of the potato mash on the bottom of a round baking tray.
- Add the ground beef mixture in one layer, then add the mozzarella cubes.
- Top the dish with the remaining mashed potatoes and add a few cherry tomatoes here and there.
- Bake them for the next 20 minutes.
- If you want, sprinkle chives before serving.