Calories: 470 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 23 g
- 37 g
Ingredients Needed for Beef and Eggplant Moussaka Rolls
¼ cup olive oil
vegetable oil for frying
10 ounces of ground beef
⅔ cup tomato sauce
3.5 ounces of cheddar cheese
How to Make Beef and Eggplant Moussaka Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Thinly slice the eggplant longitudinally. You should make about 8-10 slices.
- On both sides of each eggplant slice, sprinkle salt and pepper, and pour some olive oil.
- Grill the eggplant slices.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the onion until it turns translucent.
- Add the ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin powder.
- Cook until the meat turns brown.
- Pour the tomato sauce, mix, and cook a few more minutes.
- Shred the Cheddar cheese.
- On each grilled eggplant slice, put some beef mixture (about 2 tablespoons) and some shredded Cheddar (about 1 tablespoon).
- Roll the beef and cheese in eggplant slices.
- Put the rolls in a small ceramic baking tray and bake them for 35 minutes.