Ingredients Needed for Bearnaise Sauce
2 egg yolks
½ cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon tarragon
8 ounces of butter
How to Cook Bearnaise Sauce
- Chop and mince the shallot.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the white wine vinegar, tarragon, minced shallot and pepper. Bring to a gently simmer and cook until it’s reduced by half.
- Cube the butter and add it in the saucepan. Lower the heat and stir to melt the butter.
- Add the egg yolks. Continuously stir until the egg yolks have been absorbed in the mixture. Remove the sauce from the heat and continue to
- whisk for 1 more minute so that the yolks thicken.
- You can serve the béarnaise sauce alongside grilled steaks, fish, eggs, vegetables or fries.