Ingredients Needed for BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
10 ounces of chicken breast
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
¼ cup barbecue sauce
2 tortilla wraps
⅔ cup low-moisture mozzarella, shredded
⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Cook BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the chicken breast in it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken breast on both sides until it turns golden.
- When ready, place the chicken breast on your cutting board and cut it into thin slices.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in another skillet and fry the red onion in it.
- Cook until the onion softens, then add the chicken slices.
- Add the barbecue sauce and stir. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, then set aside.
- Take a clean skillet and heat it on the stove.
- Prepare for making 2 quesadillas:
- Divide the Cheddar and mozzarella into 4 equal quantities.
- Place one tortilla wrap into the skillet. Add one layer of Cheddar and mozzarella on one side of the tortilla wrap. Add half of the chicken mixture, then another layer of Cheddar and mozzarella.
- Cook for about 30-60 seconds. When the cheese starts melting, fold the tortilla wrap over the filling, press down a little, then turn it over and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Do the same with the second quesadilla, using the remaining ingredients.