Ingredients Needed for Basic Risotto
1 white onion
1 celery stick
4 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup arborio rice
⅔ cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 ounce parmesan
How to Make Basic Risotto
- Dice the onion and the celery stick.
- Melt 3 ounces (85 grams) of butter in a large pan, on low-medium heat.
- Add the vegetable oil and combine it with butter.
- Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Then add the celery. Mix and braise until the vegetables soften.
- Add the Arborio rice and cook it stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. The rice should be well-coated with butter.
- Add the white wine and cook the mixture until the wine reduces by half.
- Add the chicken stock. Mix and cook for 15 minutes, until the rice absorbs most of the liquid and has a soft texture.
- When the rice is ready, grate the parmesan in the pan and add the remaining butter. Mix everything.
- Serve the risotto warm. If you want, add thin slices of parmesan on top just before serving.