Ingredients Needed for Basic Meatloaf
2 breads, crustless
3 tablespoons of milk
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 spring onion, chopped
11 ounces of ground beef
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons of ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
How to Cook Basic Meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Break the bread slice into small bits and place them in a bowl.
- Pour the milk and mix with a spoon to moisten the bread.
- Add the eggs, parmesan, garlic, and spring onion. Season with salt, pepper, and mix.
- Add the meat in the bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Grease a small sized loaf tine with olive oil.
- Add the meat mixture and press down on it so you can remove the excess air.
- Bake the meatloaf for the next 45 minutes.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the glaze. Add the ketchup, brown sugar, and worchestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Spread the glaze over the meatloaf, slice it, and serve!