Ingredients Needed for Banana Upside Down Cake
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cups of flour
3 tablespoons of butter
1 cup brown sugar
How to Cook Banana Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Use a large bowl and add 5 bananas, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and cinnamon.
- Use a fork to crush the bananas and mix everything together.
- Add the flour and stir to get a smooth batter.
- Separately, heat a saucepan and add the butter. Melt it and add the brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer until the sauce thickens and gets a dark brown color.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the caramelized sugar.
- Slice the remaining bananas and add them over the sugar, in the baking tray.
- Add the banana batter on top.
- Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Turn it upside down and remove parchment paper.
- Serve with ice cream!