Baked Trout With Two Types of Potato Mash
This recipe here is best made for when you really want to work on your food platings. So, when the kitchen no longer has any secrets for you, that’s when you want to work on the food design. And this recipe is perfect to start. You also get to enjoy a light dinner, with a deliciously baked trout.
Ingredients Needed for Baked Trout With Two Types of Potato Mash
4 purple potatoes
2 white potatoes, cubed
2 carrots, thinly sliced
7 ounces of trout, 2 fillets
2 rosemary sprigs
2 teaspoons of butter
2 tablespoons of milk
How to Make Baked Trout With Two Types of Potato Mash
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and place it over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt, purple and white potatoes, and carrot. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Lay the trout fillets on your wooden board. Season them with salt and pepper. Add 1 rosemary sprig on each fillet.
- Roll the fillets starting from the end closest to you towards the opposite end. Secure them with a toothpick.
- Lay them in a baking tray and slide it into the oven for the next 15 minutes at 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- In the meantime, you can make the white potato puree. Drain the white potatoes and carrot and add them in a tall glass container.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of milk. Set up your immersion blender and blend it until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the steps for the purple potato mash.
- Remove the trout fillets out of the oven and serve them with the 2 types of potato mash.