Ingredients Needed for Baked Sweet Potato Egg Boats
2 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
8 bacon slices
How to Make Baked Sweet Potato Egg Boats
- Preheat the oven to 380˚F/190˚C.
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Prick them with a fork, place them into a baking tray, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Move to the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay the bacon slices on a cold skillet and then place it on the heat. Fry the bacon on both sides until crispy. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool a little. Halve the sweet potatoes and scoop out some of their flesh, leaving about 0.4-inch (1 cm) on the edges.
- Place the sweet potato halves to a baking tray. Crack one egg into each sweet potato boat. Season all with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350˚F/175˚C.
- Serve each sweet potato boat with 2 crispy bacon slices.