Ingredients Needed for Baked Pears in Puff Pastry
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons of agave syrup
1 star anise
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
7 ounces of cream cheese
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
How to Cook Baked Pears in Puff Pastry
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill it halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the brown sugar, honey, and agave syrup. Give it a good stir.
- Add the cloves, star anise, and vanilla extract. Boil the pears for the next 15 minutes.
- Dust your working space with flour, and level the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the pears into halves.
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees F/165 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the pears over the dough.
- Use a knife and cut about 0,4 inch (1 cm) around the pear, bordering it.
- Lay the pears along with the dough in the baking tray.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the cream cheese in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice out of the lime and shred some zest. Add the powdered sugar, pour some milk and mix well.
- Serve the pears with the cream cheese mixture.