Baked Egg Baguettes
Who can say no to some delicious runny yolks? They taste like heaven, and there are lots of creative ways in which you can serve them. For example, try oven-baking them in a baguette, along with a touch of melted butter and some cooked spinach and bresaola. And let’s not forget about the mozzarella. Without it, they just wouldn’t be the same.
Ingredients Needed for Baked Egg Baguettes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 ounces of baby spinach
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 ounces of butter, melted
6 egg yolks
½ cup shredded mozzarella
How to Make Baked Egg Baguettes
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the baby spinach and cook it for 2 minutes, until it loses the water and turns deep green.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook it for one more minute.
- Make 3 holes in each baguette. Make sure you have room for the egg.
- Brush the empty holes with the melted butter.
- Add the spinach in one baguette and bresaola in the other.
- Add one egg yolk in each hole, and top them with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the baguettes for 25 minutes.
- Serve them warm!