Baked Cheesy Polenta With Tomatoes
You thought you knew all about polenta? It is still uncharted territory. For example, add milk to your polenta mixture to get a creamier texture. Then get an interesting sweet aroma by flavoring it with nutmeg. Pair it with tangy tomatoes and feta cheese, then bake it to perfection. Experiment!
Ingredients Needed for Baked Cheesy Polenta With Tomatoes
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup milk
7 ounces of cornflour
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon olive oil
⅓ cup parmesan, grated
1 large tomato, sliced
5 ounces of feta cheese, cubed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
How to Make Baked Cheesy Polenta With Tomatoes
- Add the vegetable stock and milk to a medium cooking pot and heat it over low medium heat. Gradually add the cornflour while continuously whisking. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season the polenta with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add just 1 teaspoon of olive oil, then the grated parmesan. Mix until even using a whisk or a spatula.
- Coat an 8 x 8 x 1-1/2 inches (20 x 20 x 4 cm) baking dish with the remaining olive oil and transfer the polenta to it.
- Spread it evenly, then add the tomato slices on it. Season with herb salt, then place a feta cube over each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.